The Elephant Room undertakes to collect Your Data by means that are:
If you visit The Elephant Room’s web-site, your web-browser automatically discloses, and The Elephant Room’s web-server automatically logs, the following information: the date and time, the IP address from which you issued the request, the type of browser and operating system you are using, the URL of any page that referred you to the page, the URL you requested, and whether your request was successful. This data may or may not be sufficient to identify you.
- and transparent.
Any additional data that you provide, e.g. in a web-form, may also be logged. This data may or may not be sufficient to identify you.
Any additional data that your web-browser automatically provides may also be logged. This will be the case, for example, if your browser has previously been requested to store data on your computer in 'cookies' and submits them each time you request a web-page within a particular domain (such as theelephantroom.com.au). This data may or may not be sufficient to identify you.
Subject to the qualifications immediately below, The Elephant Room undertakes to collect Your Data from you and not from other parties.
The Elephant Room undertakes to declare the purpose of collection in a manner which is clear and meaningful, and to avoid vague, highly inclusive statements such as 'to support our operations'.
Murrimbane Pty LTD trading as The Elephant Room only collects personal information such as title, name, contact details(address, phone number, email address), when you knowingly provide it to us, as in when you:
- order goods for delivery from our website;
- contact us for further information;
- enter a promotion or competition;
- register your details on our website ask for a quotation;
- submit a job application;
- ask to receive our newsletter or join our eClub.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We will only send personal details about you to other organisations when:
- we have your consent to do so;
- we need to share your information in order to provide the products or services you have asked for;
- we need to send your information to companies that are contracted by us to provide you custom made products i.e. upholsterers, soft furnishing manufactures;
- we are required to do so by law.
The Elephant Room will add any email & postal address provided to us when you make an enquiry to send email newsletters or postal advertising from The Elephant Room only. If at anytime you decide you no longer wish to receive our Newsletter or updates please contact by email or telephone so we can remove your details immediately. We will not sell your details or knowingly pass them onto another third party for the purpose of marketing.